CBOE
A quick sketch of the trading floor at the Chicago Board Options Exchange during a school field trip. I thought I'd experience what Ferris Bueller and Cameron did when they were making those hand signals on the floor amidst the chaos. OR, even better, I thought it would at least be as busy as the stock trading scene in Dark Knight Rises. BUT... it just felt like a really lame LAN party - all these laptops, people staring at the bigger projections, calls being made on headsets, cables and ticket stubs strewn about, stacks of empty pizza boxes, and crushed cans of red bull and mountain dew.
Guess everything IS cooler in the movies, *shrug*

Thanks! Boo automation - yes, it makes life easier, but it also makes field trips that much more boring. Reminds me of Meg's trip to the printing press aka sad empty warehouse full of machines.
ReplyDeleteNice. I LIKE it.
ReplyDeleteI think a lot of trading is getting automated, so there're a lot fewer people out than there used to be.