Disqus and Aussies
I EPIC FAILED when I got Disqus for my blog and it somehow deleted all my comments on this blog. Yes, like, all 5 of them. I squirreled away those kind words like treasured acorns and now I have nothing to subsist on during this harsh winter of dead silence on the internet.
Also today, I had a conversation over the phone at work from our branch in Australia. He initially spoke in Korean, but as soon as I explained that I was better with English, he exclaimed, "'ey mate, whoay dintya say so?". The next ten minutes culminated in the most glorious aural experience I have had (not counting the orchestra concerts last weekend, those are a given) this week. With the most amazing voice and cutest accent, he could have said the dullest things (actually, he did, we were talking about the specifications on a desktop monitor) and I still would have swooned (actually, I did). I wish I could meet this Asian man with an Aussie accent. I highly suspect that as soon as I hung up, he went out back in his jeep to hunt a crocodile and have it on the barbie that arvo for an early suppa, but I digress. :)
Also today, I had a conversation over the phone at work from our branch in Australia. He initially spoke in Korean, but as soon as I explained that I was better with English, he exclaimed, "'ey mate, whoay dintya say so?". The next ten minutes culminated in the most glorious aural experience I have had (not counting the orchestra concerts last weekend, those are a given) this week. With the most amazing voice and cutest accent, he could have said the dullest things (actually, he did, we were talking about the specifications on a desktop monitor) and I still would have swooned (actually, I did). I wish I could meet this Asian man with an Aussie accent. I highly suspect that as soon as I hung up, he went out back in his jeep to hunt a crocodile and have it on the barbie that arvo for an early suppa, but I digress. :)
For shame! You don't need to workout, your hair is gorgeous when it's long, and you need to start loving Australian accents. /end mothering mode
ReplyDeleteOkay, I'm free on Tuesday - let me know if that works
Oh noes! Are you SURE the comments were deleted? If you haven't already, try going to the Tools tab in Disqus (under Admin) and then to the Import/Export option. Then try importing the comments from Blogger.
ReplyDeleteAaaaand Australian accents make me swoon, too.
Hooray! I did exactly as you had instructed and am crossing my fingers that all the comments come back. I'm a hopeless noob and am still trying to figure out how this all works - so thanks for helping me out!
ReplyDeletealso, long time no talk :)
Ohhh yeah, you need to do something particular with Disqus for that not to happen, but I forget what. For I am helpful.
ReplyDeleteI hate Australian accents. HATE. Except when it's Tabatha Coffey. Because she is fabulous.
(p.s. when're we getting cream puffs?)
Pfft readingrambo, you're so helpful! (not with disqus, but with awesome book recs and reviews) I got all my comments back!
ReplyDeleteCream puffs - Are you free tomorrow night? I don't know how late that store is open though...
Boooo I'm working out and then have a haircut tomorrow. Next week's pretty open I think, though. 'Cept for Saturday.
ReplyDeleteThat's very sweet of you, Mothering Person Who's Younger Than I Am, but my hair gets too heavy after a few months and I need to get it thinned out; I am determined to have kickass arms for summer; and Australian accents are too broad-sounding. But I respect that other people can like them.
ReplyDeleteTuesday should be totes good, madam. Email or text me or something when it gets closer.
Shared
ReplyDeleteStudent Accommodation offers residence and property for rent all across
Australia. Create your own real state and property listing to advertise your
business. Share accommodation in Australia