24 in 48 - 2018 Readathon
This is my first 24 in 48 Readathon! Alice told me about this just a few days ago and I'm SO NOT PREPARED. Reading 24 out of 48 hours seems incredibly daunting, but crazy fun. More crazy than fun, but I'll do my best!
January 27, 2018. First book of the readathon!
January 27, 2018. 3:17AM Eastern Time
Going to bed, but I managed to get 3 out of 48 hours in so far! Good night!
January 27, 2018. 9:58AM Central Time
Woke up and got straight to reading! Completed some challenges at the 24in48 website:
January 27, 2018. 11:44AM Central Time
January 27, 2018. First book of the readathon!
- Currently reading: The Revolution of Marina M., by Janet Finch
- Progress: 120 pages
January 27, 2018. 3:17AM Eastern Time
Going to bed, but I managed to get 3 out of 48 hours in so far! Good night!
January 27, 2018. 9:58AM Central Time
Woke up and got straight to reading! Completed some challenges at the 24in48 website:
January 27, 2018. 11:44AM Central Time
![]() |
| The Martian FTW |
January 28, 2018. 1:15AM Central Time
- Past the 24 hour mark!
- Read 12 hours so far.
- Reading: The Girl Before
- Took a dinner break: Poireaux à la Mornay, Gratinés (Leeks browned in cheese sauce, basically) a la Julia Child's recipe. It took FOREVER, so I got a ton of reading in while waiting for the leeks to reduce and then braising them in the oven.
- Finished The Girl Before, on to Luckiest Girl Alive, by Jessica Knoll
January 28, 2018. 3PM Central Time
- Risked it all by taking an afternoon nap. Started to feel the book-hangover effects.
- Woke up just in time to grab dinner (a banh-mi sandwich) and read while roommates were watching Stranger Things. Completed a readathon, semi-listened to a show, ate popcorn, and spent time with my lovely roommates. Winning at this multitasking thing!
- THEN. My stopwatch reset. I ended up starting the clock over and reading the total required 24 hours this weekend, but it just wasn't as satisfying to look at the screen and see only 5ish hours on it instead of the grand 24. :(
January 28, 2018. 9:45PM Central Time
- BUT I DID IT, and here is the pile of books I ended up reading this weekend:
IN CONCLUSION:









Comments
Post a Comment