Wednesday Wanderings: Journey to Switzerland

After our last breakfast in Paris, my travel buddies and I hopped onto the coach bus for a nice, leisurely 7 hour drive to Lucerne, Switzerland (also known as the CH, the Confoederatio Helvetica).  While I normally dread long car rides, we were at least able to take some pit stops to stretch our legs and take some photos of our beautiful surroundings.  This made the trip much more bearable!


During the bus ride, my friends and I tried to go over a crash-course list of German phrases, since German was one of the 4 official languages in Switzerland. (We failed hard.)  


Eventually the flat plains of Southern France disappeared and the Swiss mountains "peaked" (pun intended) out from the smoky fog.


Eventually, the villages came into view. Tiny yet strong rays of sunlight dappled the green earth. 


While Lucerne is well-developed (it is, after all, the land of banking, watches, tiny knives with corkscrews and Toblerone), the steep and narrow roads aren't ideal for busses.  I was dropped off at the edge of town and walked a few blocks until I reached the Kapellbrücke.


What is the Kapellbrücke?... That's for another post!
Thanks for stopping by, and Bon Voyage!

Comments

  1. These photos are gorgeous! I can't wait to finally get my act together and head over to Europe. So much pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know when you plan on heading over, in case you want a travel buddy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! And I had no idea that Switzerland has FOUR official languages. Are people there fluent in all four for the most part, or is it like Canada where we are "bilingual" but most of us can't actually speak French ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brie, it's exactly like that - in Lucerne, they primarily spoke German, so I have no idea what you would do with 4 languages!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts