My Favorite Things - In Photos
If you've been following my blog at all, you've probably guessed that I've been emotionally going through a very rough patch. From my smiles in class, down the street, and during meetings, even on Facebook, you'd think I was a chipper person. The facade eventually cracked, crumbling and leaving behind messy debris that I personally felt like no one was around to help me sweep up.
Scratch that, it's not that people weren't around... I just didn't ask for help.
I think I've "snapped out of it", but don't feel like I've quite addressed the source. I'm still not ready.
For now, I'll focus on Julie Andrews and her radiant voice:
Here are some of my favorite things to remind me that life has been good to me this year:
Wandering through Jerusalem's ancient courtyards, enjoying the warm middle eastern breeze, and admiring the Judas trees (I kid you not, that's what they're called)
Celebrating diversity through colors at this year's Holi festival
Making (and eating) macarons
There. I feel a bit better now... back on track and back to book blogging!




<>
ReplyDeleteDepression can be an ugly, nasty thing, but acknowledging that it's hanging around is often a good thing...hopefully you can find the courage to confront it's source.
Thank you for the encouraging comment and the hug. VERY much appreciated :)
ReplyDeleteOh man, I'm so sorry you've been having a hard time *big cuddle* If compliments help at all, your macarons look INCREDIBLE, how did you do that?! Also, Julie Andrews does tend to make things better. I think she might be magic :)
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for your kind comment - I've been feeling much better lately, and have a few books that I am finally ready to review! For the macarons, I used Laduree's recipe: http://notsohumblepie.blogspot.com/2012/02/macarons-framboise-ladurees-recipe.html?m=1
ReplyDelete