Oh, I do love a good wedding!

This past weekend, I went to a friend's wedding in Pennsylvania - and yes, we drove all the way there.  Though it took a good 12 hours to get there, I love a good road trip because it always involves snacking (I discovered "smores goldfish", which is AMAZING), pointing at strange billboards, sneaking a peak at a sleeping carmate's snoring/drooling, and playlists upon playlists of awesome music.  My friend M's playlist served as the "B96/Kiss FM station" with upbeat dance music, while my playlist served as the old "Q101 Alternative station".  Suffice it to say, by the end of our road trip, we blasted M's music because we were so tired and needed the music to keep us awake.

The wedding itself was a blessing to attend as a bridesmaid.  Had to take deep breaths so my tears wouldn't spill over the carefully applied makeup, but my heart was bursting at the seams and my soul was singing with joy!  The ceremony was short, followed by a very sweet reception, an even sweeter cake, and the sweetest dance with the most charming and handsome 2-yr-old ever.  With the wedding weekend now over, my thoughts wander to the happy couple who are probably on the warmest, sunniest, breeziest beach ever.  I wish them all the best and many years of joy and love to come.

Comments

Popular Posts