Weezer, a Stormy Affair, and Yellow Foods
Summer in Minneapolis has been fantastic so far. I don't think I've ever thoroughly appreciated summer until I moved to a state where it snows 6 months out of the year!
Last Friday, I went to the Basilica Block Party, which is a festival (at the Basilica of St. Mary) with food trucks! and beer tents! and free hats/sunglasses! and music concerts, which is the main point of all of this. It was loud and chaotic and crowded, but fun! I'm surprised that the Basilica people were okay with all of this? (i.e. people day-drinking and smoking hash on the marble steps)
Went to see Mat Kearney... from afaaaaaar (there were a lot of people there)
WEEZER played all my favorite songs from the Blue Album... seriously, they've been around forever. How do they still look and sound so good?! (Sorcery. Tis sorcery, I tell you.)
It was a fantastic night of indulging in unhealthy fried corndogs/battered onion bloomers/cheese curds, admiring my musical heroes, and strolling through the city eating a bag of cotton candy.
The next day, I went to Canterbury Park to bet on horse races, which I have never done before! My friend E had a groupon, so we went in with different strategies in mind. I placed bets based on historical wins and handicaps, whereas my other girlfriend placed bets on the most interesting names, like Candy Ruby and A Stormy Affair. I ended up making $15 from my bets on "Quality Guy", "Uncle Ron", and "I Am The Doctor". Interesting names indeed! If you had a racehorse, what would you name him?
After the races, I went to an ice cream crawl (I'll blog about that later), and then I hung out with some awesome ladies and snacked on foods. Specifically, all the yellow foods we could find in our pantries without having to step out to buy some. (Yellow kiwis, which I have never tried before! Banana milk, banana cookies, and mini pudding cups)
Hope you all had a fantastic weekend!




Comments
Post a Comment