Kadambur, India

I spent a couple days observing life in the rural south part of India, in Kadambur. These days were spent photographing and interviewing the folks there.  Unfortunately, due to the NDA of my research agreement, I can't go into too much detail about the topic, but I'd like to share some photos of my time in Kadambur.

Welcome!  I was incredibly touched by Kadambur's generosity and hospitality.
A typical barbershop - many barbers can only afford one set of materials, so they're not like "typical" salons with employees and multiple customers at a time

Rice paddy

LOTS of rice paddies - Kadambur survives on its agriculture

Hardworking women - it was mid-80s that day

Farmer working with his partner to cultivate the land

From the field to the table: after picking the rice, they grains are dried under the sun

A classroom with tables & benches

Comments

  1. I've always wanted to go to India, as my great grandparents are from there. Looks like a life-learning experience.


    ---
    http://www.gillesse.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gill - thanks for stopping by :)
    I plan on uploading some more photos to my blog and hope that you're able to trek over to India one day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm enjoying your photo-laden posts from your journey. You have a good eye and I look forward to more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Emily! I'm just getting acquainted with my camera and am flattered by your comment :) I will certainly be posting a few more entries on my trip; thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts