I share a birthday with Neil Gaiman

This is a very late post, but I was so busy eating and falling into a food coma and waking up to eat again, so I got nothing done!

When I turned 25, I made a list of 25 fun things I randomly accomplished.  So in following that tradition, 27 (updated) fun things I got done by the time I was 27:

1. Performed at the Chicago Symphony Center with my cello
2. Traveled to different countries [Canada, Mexico, France, England, the Netherlands, Korea, Israel]
3. Played with Mickey and Company at Disneyworld
4. Outdoor badassery: Paddled a canoe, caught a fish, kayaked by bluffs, shot an AR-15
5. Philosophical perambulations: Hiked in the Grand Canyon, the Badlands and the Judean desert
6. Spelunking: Mammoth Cave, Wind Cave
7. Visited the Anne Frank Haus and saw her diary
8. Worked with bio-fuels/alternative energy [at the Madigan Laboratory]
9. Knit a scarf for my dad, learned to cable knit
10. Went to Lollapalooza, again (blog)
11. Went camping with friends and built a bonfire from scratch in the snow [Zwingle, Iowa]
12. Learned to make creme brulee from scratch
13. Donated my hair [third time now], Donated blood [1 gallon]
14. Hand stitched and bound a book
15. Eaten escargot and caviar [Montmartre, Paris]
16. Tobogganed onto a frozen lake and walked across it [Lake Geneva, Wisconsin]
17. Ran (and survived) the Warrior Dash [Channahon, IL]
18. Viewed screenings and panels at Ebert Fest [Champaign, IL]
19. Tutored students and saw them off to college
20. Played Bach Minuets on a harpsichord
21. Bought and completely paid off a car
22. Been to a professional sports game [Sox, Bears, Blackhawks, finally saw the Cubs at Wrigley]
23. Spent a weekend in Vegas
24. Became a Dean's Fellow
25. Shopped at farmer's markets
26. Rode a camel and floated on the Dead Sea
27. Onboard as COO of a nonprofit organization

Comments

  1. That's a pretty impressive list! I'm trying to think of things that I've done since turning 27, but I pretty much have nothing, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAT - I demand a list now! You've learned a new language (skill level: Asian, literally) and moved to a new country. That's only a snippet of what I know about you, and I think completely immersing yourself into a foreign culture and making it your own is AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it's a whole life list I guess it would be okay, but I honestly haven't done anything that interesting for the past 4 or 5 years, haha. :D Apart from get married! But that's it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts