My First Read-a-thon! - Post II

Hour 6: 
Book: Dracula, by Bram Stoker
Progress: 50%
Beverage: chocolate milk
Snack: potato chips

Drew a speed-sketch of the part where I'm at in the book: Lucy is ill for some reason, and everyone finally notices her neck...


Comments

  1. Dracula, chocolate milk, and potato chips? YOU ARE WINNING THIS READATHON, SISTER.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kayleigh! Scary books and "after-school" snacks is HOW I DO, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, you're reading Dracula! I read it early last year (I think) and it was really different to what I expected. I really enjoyed it, but it surprised me how much the vampire myth has changed since.

    Good luck with the rest of the read-a-thon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by! I knew all about the holy water and garlic in Vampire myths, but the book is really different with describing the 'symptoms' and the Count. I'm glad that I've picked it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job!!! I loved Dracula, but I think I read it when I was like 18. Soooo what I'm saying is, if you don't like it DO NOT JUDGE ME.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAHAHA, I just finished it! It was so hard to 'forget' everything I know about vampires (glittery skin, beautiful white teeth, blood cocktails, etc) and really read this book with a fresh perspective. It's genius how it switched perspectives through letters because I have reader's ADHD (legit, I know) and I stuck it out!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts