My first read-a-thon! - Post 1

This is hour 3 into my very first read-a-thon and I'm super excited!  I forgot to do the intro post, so here's the meme:

1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?

Champaign, Illinois

2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?

I'm looking forward to reading Neverwhere, as I've never been able to finish and am determined to do so today!

3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?

I have hummus and rosemary pita crackers - yum!

4) Tell us a little something about yourself!

Straight from my twitter profile, because it sums me up best: Book & vinyl hoarder.  Musician.  Foodie.  Moleskine aficionado.  International traveler.  Marketing consultant.  Amateur artist & photographer.  BBC/documentary nut.

5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?

This is my very first read-a-thon!  One thing I look forward to is following new bloggers, making new blogger friends, and collecting a list of books I should read next! 

Here are my books:



Mainly consists of classics I haven't read yet but have always wanted to read: Dracula, The Great Gatsby, Lolita. 
There are also books I received as gifts: Cycles, Neverwhere, Shadow and Bone, Picnic at Hanging Rock.
And finally a book I picked up at a $1 book sale: Happy Birthday or Whatever


Happy Reading!

Comments

  1. Yay you also have The Hours in your pile! I haven't made it to that one yet. And given the time, probably won't. But whatever, YAY BOOK BUDDY

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I probably won't get to it either (so much for positive thinking, right?). You're probably going to read it before my anyway, so I can't wait to hear your thoughts on it :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts