Vampires - I remember NOTHING.

This post is brought to you by Ferrero Nutella.

What gets you through the day? Spoonfuls of nutella? Mugs of coffee? Sneaky sips from your hipflask? How about human blood?  In any case, see photo above. This is proof to Alice that I take her book recs seriously. I overcame my inconsistent germophobia to go to the library and sneak along the teen fiction area of my library to check out the darn book. See above again. Look how grimy it is! And the cover is goth red with an image of this sexy vampire chick superimposed by wrought-iron gates. And even worse: I had to get my book checked out by either the surly girl in the glasses who will surely judge me to death while scanning the book, or the gay guy in the argyle sweater who will silently quirk a manicured eyebrow...and then silently judge me to death. I got stuck with the girl. Judge me! I don't care! *runs to room and sobs on bed*

*Stops sobbing* *picks up book* *flips to chapter 1*

It's not bad! Again, I'm not scouring for deep thoughts or beautifully written prose, but it's entertaining! One thing that I fail hard at is terminology. Never studied vampirelore. Never ever read an Anne Rice book, so now I need to keep looking up vampirey stuff about dhampirs and moroi etc on wikipedia ... should leave a very colorful internet history for IT to check into at work. 

Comments

  1. YAYYYYYYY

    I highly enjoy that you covered up her face.

    And I'm reading book 2 right now! And there are more plot twists! It is still engrossing!

    Also I'm jealous of your Nutella.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah haha, I also love that you covered her face. I also feel your pain re: librarian judgement. My library now has a self check-out station and I've never been happier. You should totally lobby for that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg, late response I'M SO SORRY.
    The plot twists! Ahhhh! Where's the 2nd book?!?! (though I should move onto the rest of my TBR first)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Second book not NEARLY as good as the first until the end.

    I think I linked to the tumblr master post in one of the VA entries? Mebbe?

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have a self check-out station but it was out of order :'(
    Have you read the book or seen the actual cover? She has such a creeper face!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts