Lunch Walks and "Clippings"
Meant to post this on Friday, but I GOT BETTER THINGS TO DO PEOPLE. (just kidding, I'm just lazy.) I finally finished putting together a butterfly-themed package for my Compassion International kid. She loves butterflies, so I stuck in a sheet of glittery puffy butterfly stickers (aren't those the best?!), an 8x10 inch puzzle, and a poster with various species of tropical butterflies and their names. Funny how I, a midwestern American, have to pay good money to see those special butterfly exhibits at a museum and even pay extra to enter a butterfly cage, while those same "exotic" butterfly species are fluttering around in her own backyard.
The day was nice and sunny, so I ended up walking to the post office from work during my lunch break to send out the butterfly package. It's half a mile away, so it made for a nice stroll to get there and back. During my walk, no, I did not encounter any butterflies. However, I did stop to appreciate the roses that were growing near our office building.
---------------------
Then of course I returned to work and right before lunch, I heard clipping on the other side of my cubicle, as in the click of tiny metal plates crunching across a nail (I assumed fingernail) and the clack that followed as the severed nail ricocheted off the desk. As if things couldn't get any worse, I then heard a co-worker walk by and shout, "oh gawd, Frodo, put your shoes back on!"
Gross.
---------------------
Then of course I returned to work and right before lunch, I heard clipping on the other side of my cubicle, as in the click of tiny metal plates crunching across a nail (I assumed fingernail) and the clack that followed as the severed nail ricocheted off the desk. As if things couldn't get any worse, I then heard a co-worker walk by and shout, "oh gawd, Frodo, put your shoes back on!"
Gross.

Oooooo butterflies. Preeeeetttty roses...
ReplyDelete...
Toenail clippings.
I wasn't prepared for that kind of transition, madam.
Wait, did you do that picture?
ReplyDeleteCompassion International sounds like one of those worthy things I never do, so I salute you and your work. *salutes*
Yeah, I'm terrible with transitions and should never ever become a writer. If I ever become famous, I shall have Alice ghostwrite my memoir.
ReplyDeleteHope you had a good weekend!
Yep, brought out my watercolors on Saturday!
ReplyDeleteWe had a speaker come to church to speak about Compassion International, and was once a compassion child himself! It was such a blessing to hear his story and what he's doing with his life now that I felt compelled to be matched up. So glad I did - her letters and drawings are the cutest :)
That drawing is seriously gorgeous!
ReplyDeletegirrrrrrrrrrl, you draw?! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Gillesse! :)
ReplyDeleteyep! This blog has some of my "attempts" to draw :D
ReplyDelete