California - I want to go back!!

Went to a C & H's wedding this past week and played the cello for their ceremony.  I was so glad for the honor, because it got my butt out of Chicago and into the warm and sunny embrace of California!  But alas, now I am back and have to work and de-fog the car and actually wear gloves and pretend I don't see my breath in the frigid air and All That Is Wrong with Illinois.  Not only do I miss wearing short sleeves and taking shelter in the shade of palm trees, but I miss THIS:


AND THIS:

 

THE BOILING CRAB.  THE WHOLE SHA-BANG.  It's a GLORIOUS MIX of cajun spices, garlic, butter, corn on the cob, potatoes, spicy sausage, limes, crawfish, and other Mysterious Seasonings that make this dish the best thing I've had in California.  Yes, this beats In-N-Out Burger (which I made sure to eat twice anyway, animal-style) before heading home.

Comments

  1. Oh! You were HERE! Where I live!

    I hate when I have to leave, too...even when it's to go on vacation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's crazy ridiculous how cold it is in Chicago - today was 21 degrees and I had to scrape off the ice with my library card. WOE IS ME.
      I may have to do a destination readalong session and find excuses to go to California more often, haha! If I lived in CA, I don't think I'd ever leave!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts