2016! 2016!! 2016!!!

Happy new year everybodaaaaay! I've already managed to screw up the year when I was writing out a check. Oops!

I've been so inspired by everyone's New Years resolutions, both bookish and personal. I thought I'd share a few of my own!

1) Bex has a great theme for 2016: Breathe. I want to breathe deeper as I enrich my life with people and experiences rather than possessions and purchases. I also want to breathe slower as I step back to look at the bigger picture, to assess why I'm feeling hurt or anxious, and take more intentional, patient breaths. So yeah, Bex, I'm stealing your one-word theme and making it mine as well!

2) Like others, I want to declutter, so I'm on yet another self-imposed book and tea ban (gifts are my loophole - feel free to buy them for me!)

I need to get through all of this before I buy more tea! 

Here's my embarrassingly cluttered bookshelf. Not pictured: more books crammed into the boxes on the bottom row and more books stashed in the closet behind the curtain!


3) I want to get back to journaling/blogging - it's been really sporadic, but if I keep the blogging/ sketching down to mini reviews, mini sketches, Twitter-sized thoughts, it won't feel as overwhelming stressful to maintain!

4) I want to be more proactive in commenting on other blogs and writing letters - I want to be better about maintaining those long distance relationships!

Here's to a new and exciting year!



Comments

Popular Posts