100 Themes Challenge #19: Gray
speed paint, pen sketch
I love rainy days. The louder the thunder, the better... in fact, I fall asleep soundly when I hear the beginning rumbles of a thunderstorm!
While I love running around and jumping on puddles during a rainstorm, what I hate about the rain is the aftermath. I hate the worms that escape from the grass and squiggle around on the sidewalk. When I was in 2nd grade, I accidentally stepped on one when I was on my way to school and bawled my eyes out. My dad, who was walking me to school, gently picked me up and carried me for the remaining four blocks.
It rained like crazy again today. It's almost 20 years later and I am still tiptoeing around the worms. It took me 20 minutes just to walk the short distance to my apartment. I called my dad as soon as I got home, told him about the worms and only heard laughter on the other side.
The rest of the themes can be found here.

Comments
Post a Comment