The Badlands
The gritty rock formations were time-worn, striped with iron and copper rust age lines. Ancient plateaus wrinkled with erosion, all underneath a tranquil all-seeing sky. It was such a peaceful experience, being so high up that the only things I heard were the light crunch of dirt underneath my boots and a whisper of wind whistling through the valleys. (the badlands, South Dakota, 3/1/13)


What a landscape! Beautiful.
ReplyDeleteI wanted to take a nap up there but then it got too cold! I had no idea that South Dakota was hogging all the Awesome up in there.
ReplyDeleteThis is the first time I've seen a picture of you to know what you actually look like. It's nice to have a face to a name :) Also, absolutely amazing photo!
ReplyDeleteThank you Brie :) I'm really self conscious, so I blog photos of myself, but the landscape was too hard to resist!
ReplyDelete