Textbook FAIL

Helloooo internet!  This is an old photo of mine, but I thought I'd show you a textbook mistake that you normally wouldn't catch:

 - because we all know that people buy textbooks just to keep as paperweights for other loose-leaf articles and notes that they will never get around to reading.  They also serve as hefty souvenirs of their ridiculously expensive educations.
 - because we all know that when people do open the textbook, they just skim textbooks and don't bother reading the captions.
 - because not everyone can tell Chinese from Korean.  Like the editors of this textbook:

Caption: This advertisement featured Chinese basketball star Yao Ming and ran in Asian-language print publications nationwide, focusing on Korean Americans.

Aaaand yes.  The advertisement that was apparently for Korean Americans is completely in Chinese.


Comments

  1. Obviously all Asian languages are the same. They all use squiggly line pictures. *facepalm*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Oooh dear, that's embarrassing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. See, I am glad you are aware of these things, for I...would not have known.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha  - I will be your consultant on all things asian :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know, right?!  Those poor editors.  I was fake studying with my fake skimming and then BAM! "uh... what?"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha facepalm indeed!  I had to add a double facepalm pic to this post for good measure. (though honestly, they really do all look like squiggly line pictures...)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts