2017 Reading Stats

What a year of reading! My resolution next year is to increase my Female/POC reading stats. More non-fiction can't hurt either. Any recommendations?


Total books read: 113
Total pages read: 34,325 // Average # pages per book: 304
Books written by Female Authors: 72 (63.7%)
Books written by POC Authors: 35 (31%)
Non-fiction books read: 22 (19.5%)
New reads: 105 (92.9%) // Old reads: 8 (7.1%)
Average book rating: 3.78/5 stars
Books published in 2017: 6 (5.3%)

Additional details:

Books by decade
2010s: 79 (69.9%)
2000s: 23 (20.4%)
1990s: 6 (5.3%)
1950s - 1980s: 5 (4.4%)

Books by country of origin
United States: 64 (56.6%)
Japan: 20 (17.7%)
U.K.: 13 (11.5%)
Canada: 5
Iran: 2
New Zealand: 2
Singapore: 2
Mexico: 1
North Korea: 1
Serbia: 1
South Korea: 1
Sweden: 1

Books by genre
Drama/Coming-of-age: 22 (19.5%)
Fantasy: 21 (18.6%)
Science Fiction: 13 (11.5%)
Humor: 12 (10.6%)
Memoir: 10 (8.8%)
Mystery: 8 (7.1%)
Science: 7 (6.2%)
Historical Fiction: 6 (5.3%)
Horror/Thriller: 5 (4.4%)
History: 4 (3.5%)
LGBT: 3 (2.7%)
Food: 2 (1.8%)

Books by Format
Paperback/Hardcover: 67 (59.3%)
e-book: 32 (28.3%)
Audiobook: 14 (12.4%)



Comments

  1. Pretty nifty stats! You read a good bit more than I did this year, but our percentages are fairly even in a couple of categories here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Em! I'm trying to increase the diversity of my reading, so if you have recommendations, I'll add them to my 2018 reading list!

      Delete
  2. Hooray on your reading stats! Really well done! Mary Roach is a good option for upping both female and non-fiction stats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I plan on reading more Mary Roach this year - I love her curiosity and humor. She seems to have this ultimate dream job of finding out the answers to her weirdest questions :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts