Landline
Today was a pretty awesome day! Got to work on time, despite all those silly nightmares about missing work or finding out that I was supposed to start last week, etc.
The campus is huge and I ended up getting lost 3 times, but I managed to get my photo badge (I look great on an ID, for once!) and log in to my new laptop without any issues. So I call that a win.
After work, I picked Landline up again. It is fantastic and very 'Rainbow Rowell', with the quirky dialogue, lots of parentheses (which I love), and fun new characters. I think Scotty's my favorite so far, because I know a "Scotty" and he is hilarious and so much fun to pick on. The descriptions of the characters are odd; Seth has "wavy cherrywooded hair", and Georgie is a "squashed hourglass". That's new!
Also, Noomi is adorable. She reminds me of my youngest sister, who was convinced that she was a cat for the first 4 years of her life. Though Georgie has her issues (no spoilers!) she just goes along with Noomi, no matter how she's feeling.
The campus is huge and I ended up getting lost 3 times, but I managed to get my photo badge (I look great on an ID, for once!) and log in to my new laptop without any issues. So I call that a win.
After work, I picked Landline up again. It is fantastic and very 'Rainbow Rowell', with the quirky dialogue, lots of parentheses (which I love), and fun new characters. I think Scotty's my favorite so far, because I know a "Scotty" and he is hilarious and so much fun to pick on. The descriptions of the characters are odd; Seth has "wavy cherrywooded hair", and Georgie is a "squashed hourglass". That's new!
Also, Noomi is adorable. She reminds me of my youngest sister, who was convinced that she was a cat for the first 4 years of her life. Though Georgie has her issues (no spoilers!) she just goes along with Noomi, no matter how she's feeling.
Happy reading!

Awww, I'm glad you had a good first day and a good reading experience. I really liked Landline, too.
ReplyDeleteYaaaay, congrats on the new job and life and eeeeeverything :) I just started Landline today, and had to stop because I got to hot and had to come inside (and, you know, tv) but I loooove it already, it's so sweet :)
ReplyDeleteLandline took me 3 sittings because of the darn TV, too! I switched from sad-to-happy-crying in a matter of a couple minutes because of that last chapter. Ah, the mother's love and the love of kind strangers :)
ReplyDelete