End of the 18th Grade
![]() |
| Wingardium Leviosa! or Accio, cap! depending on how you look at it |
I graduated! I am thankful for:
God: For His faithfulness in getting me through a grueling curriculum. For his generosity in providing the financial opportunities and blessings. For His strength and calm; for holding my hand during tough times. For triumphing with me when I would inevitably pull through.My parents: For rooting for me. Though they were unable to help or support me financially during this time, their belief in me and other sacrifices made during my childhood shaped my own work ethic and drove my ambitions. I wouldn't be here if it weren't for them. Obviously.
My sisters: For cheering me up when things got rough, for making me laugh/spit-take at random times, and visiting me so I wouldn't get too lonely. For laughing at my cheesy puns even though they're so bad that they qualify as "dad-jokes".
My classmates: For giving me crash courses (read: remedial lessons for their idiot friend) on Finance and Accounting because I was a hopeless chemistry undergrad and had no idea how to use math other than to calculate the physical properties of halogens.
LAST BUT NOT LEAST, READ THIS IF TL;DR
My friends back home and fellow bloggers: For sending me memes and posting hilarious gifs, mailing me books and postcards from afar, giving me internet hugs when I needed them, and providing endless entertainment and solid FUN reading recommendations when I didn't feel like reading another case study. For sharing my love of Harry Potter and totally getting the idea behind this graduation photo.

Congratulations!!! I love the picture :D
ReplyDeleteThanks Jen! I took one look at my billowing robes and naturally, knew what had to be done.
ReplyDeleteCongrats!!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats again on such an achievement! I am also going to steal your HP idea for when I graduate next year, haha. Also I love that on facebook you have a leviscorpus pic, did the final months of study send you to the dark side ;)
ReplyDeleteYes! The HP photoshoot was so much fun to do! Can't wait to see your photos :)
ReplyDeleteFinals week did me in - went to the dark side and drank unicorn blood (or was it a double shot of espresso, it's all very blurry) to sustain myself.
Thanks Alley! It's crazy that I'm done with school forever, and that I'm going back to the real world (again).
ReplyDeleteThanks for the well wishes, Laura! Sorry it took so long for me to reply; as you could tell on Facebook, I've been away "here and there" :)
ReplyDeleteI somehow missed this when you posted it, so here I am, making a comment three months ex post facto.
ReplyDeleteAnyway, congratulations! I, too, love your graduation pic. Does this mean you did an entire HP photo shoot?
Also, I really like the photo on your blog banner. What is that a picture of?
Hi Emily! Thanks for the well wishes! The banner is from my time in India. It's the astronomy observatory, Jantar Mantar, which is in Delhi.
ReplyDelete