Dewey's 24-Hour Readathon, Part 1

This is the 2nd time I'm doing Dewey's 24-Hour Readathon  and I'm pretty excited to finally read for fun!  I've been reading nothing but case studies and news articles for my research paper, but I'm putting all that aside just for today :)

Hour 0: Intro Meme
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
 - I am reading from Champaign, Illinois ('MURICA, YISSSS)
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?

 - One Day, by David Nicholls
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?

 - Chips and french onion 'tofutti' dip.
4) Tell us a little something about yourself!

 - Copy/pasted from my twitter because it's short, yet does the trick: Book & vinyl hoarder. Musician. Foodie. Moleskine aficionado. International traveler. Marketing consultant. Amateur artist & photographer. BBC/documentary nut.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
 - I am going to be more diligent about tweeting as well, and I want to make new book-blogging friends!

Hour 1: 
Reading: The Perks of Being a Wallflower, by Stephen Chbosky
Snack: dried blueberries and granola

Hour 2: 
Reading: The Perks of Being a Wallflower, by Stephen Chbosky

Excerpt: (the part where I just wanted to give Charlie a big hug)
"I hate you."
My sister said it different than she said it to my dad.  She meant it with me.  She really did.
"I love you," was all I could say in return.
"You're a freak, you know that? You've always been a freak. Everyone says so. They always have."
"I'm trying not to be.

Hour 3: 
Reading: The Perks of Being a Wallflower, by Stephen Chbosky
A bit odd at times because Charlie's so emotional that I find certain parts overwhelming to read, but I like the development so far

Hour 4: 
Reading: The Perks of Being a Wallflower, by Stephen Chbosky
Listening: Parov Stelar, The Paris Swing Box

Took a break to brunch it up with my sister!
Eating: potato pancakes (recipe here), maple sausages





Comments

  1. Yaaaaaaay! You're heeeere! I fully support your reading choice (I love that book so much, seriously) and your brunch. Because it's the best meal of life, I feel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm here! The readathon drew me out of book blogging hibernation! And yes, brunch is the best meal ever :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts