TBR pile, nice knowing you!

So I should have a preeetty good reason for not reading books and maintaining the blog for book-blogging purposes, but I have 3!

1. When you spend 20 hours a week reading Harvard Business Review cases and IDEO studies, the last thing you want to do is read some more :(

2. This being my last year in grad school, I feel like being employed when I graduate.  That means applying to jobs which hopefully means interviews which definitely means studying up on company history and corporate strategy.  So after 10 more hours of "reading up" on companies every week, that makes 30 hours of reading a week (outside of school/work), which is definitely much more than I normally read when I'm on book binge season!

LAST BUT NOT LEAST (as this one makes my first two points sound like a complete joke)

3. How can you possibly expect me to read when I finally got around to watching THIS:


GAME OVER.  TBR pile, nice knowing you.

Comments

  1. I REALLY need to see orange is the new black! I really wish that I had an extra hour a day, or that I didn't need as much sleep as I do :(
    I completely get the reading too much for non fun reasons that other reading just isn't appealing. When I have a big Japanese-English translation project at work, the last thing that I want to do is read anything in Japanese when I get home.
    You sound like a really hard worker.. I am... so not (unless it's work I'm getting paid for or am really interested in anyway).. it's very admirable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OITNBBBBBBBBBBB. Pipex forever. ALSO I hope applying to jobs is somehow fun. Somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes to reading too much at school/work to do any pleasure reading at home. That is totally a thing. You are so on top of everything, though. Holy crap. I definitely didn't start looking for work until I was about 2 weeks from being finished school. Good job being an adult! Also, TAYSTEEEE!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the encouragement - I really appreciate it! (totally sucks being an adult, though!)
    I am trying to get on the ball this year so you (hopefully) won't have to read any angsty entries 7 months from now, because forget "funemployment"! TAYSTEE's story was so sad! I was rooting for her getting outta there, and then missed her almost immediately!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Applying to jobs is SO not fun. However, I reward myself with a lazy day of netflix, frozen yogurt, and hot cheetos, so that's my little way of making it fun. Prepon - what a babe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, get on that bandwagon! *catapults you on*
    When anything = work, not fun anymore, that's for sure! I wish I worked harder, but it's thing like netflix and tumblr that totally kill my productivity, haha ^^;

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hooray! Yes, Netflix is always a good life choice, hahaha. Just finished the series, and MAN, what an ending!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seriously grad school PLUS job hunting would be enough of an excuse to not get around to that TBR pile. But once you thrown OITNB into the mix there is no hope. I mean, really now. How I got anything done that was NOT watching that series.


    GOOD LUCK with the job hunting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Grad school - AHHHH! I can't believe I just finished OITNB - I definitely binged, which I should NOT have done. (I regret nothing!)


    Thanks so much! I fly out for an interview tomorrow, so I appreciate your good luck wishes :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts