My weekend was awesome, mainly because I received this amazing package in the mail from
Kayleigh (that's what this post is about), and had tea and indulged in my unhealthy book hoarding with
Alice (that's what the next post is about). So basically, my weekend rocked because the internet wins at bringing me cool people.
This was an unofficial book swap after
Bex's summer Ninja Book Swap and I was like "oh hey that's cool I'll do it" and then I lost track of time and completely forgot to do it :'(. But instead of facing timeout in the corner while everyone was swapping nifty boxes o' books and stuff, Kayleigh agreed to another swap with me because she's super nice like that.
First: the box!
 |
| The Box! THE BOX! |
 |
| Look at all the goodies inside! |
 |
| ...packages tied up with strings, these are a few of my fa-vo-rite thiiiings~ |
 |
| *sobs at the glory* It's so beautiful :') |
Kayleigh even wrote a little about the books and specifically why she recommended them for me AND included a recipe for Anzac biscuits which is perfect because I LOVE baking.
Books: I had Lolita on my wishlist because They say that it's a Classic so therefore I should read it, and the other wasn't on my list, but she picked it out for me because I said I wanted something super Australian, so why not kill two birds with one stone, you beautiful genius.
Snacks: my sweet tooth is lethal and look at the goodies, I just can't deal with it. I'm torn between wanting to eat them immediately and treasuring them forever (food? forever? gross, I know).
I hope you like the books! I'd recommend matching the snacks to the reads, Lolita is definitely a rocklea road kind of book (rich and dark) and you should save the Anzac biscuits for Picnic at Hanging Rock and just eat the tim tams now because yummmmmm.
ReplyDeleteYou mean tim tams now, anzac now, AND rocklea now?
ReplyDeleteGot it.
Yes, absolutely!
ReplyDeleteHa, those are all awesome. And TEA TIME. The lobby of the Palmer House is totally pretty, but the Drake next time and it will be splendid.
ReplyDeleteAwwww, Kayleigh does the BEST packages, for reals! And and and Lolita is really good and I want to read Picnic at Hanging Rock and that edition looks really cool (and suspiciously like the edition of Seven Little Australians Kayleigh sent me for my birthday :) ). Ok, I just got SUPER excited for your parcel. But that's fine cause EXCITING
ReplyDeleteThe Palmer House lobby is gorgeous, but I like the quieter atmosphere of the Drake and the harpist there was awesome. I also promised Dagny moar chips, so we need to picnic before I go back to school!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to read the books - hmmmm which one first! (tbh way more excited about the chocolate)
ReplyDeleteIt's from the same series or re-editions Laura, they're so pretty I intend to buy ALL OF THEM for gifts!
ReplyDeleteKayleeeeee~, by "series" do you mean like a trilogy or a heptology (in Harry Potter's case), or do you mean "series" like how Penguin books made fancy covers for their hardbound books? Because if it's the former, LOOK WHAT YOU STARTED
ReplyDeleteIt's a series of fancy covers for classic Australian "children" books. There are around 10 I think, and I want them all!
ReplyDelete