Harry Potter Readalong - Weasley's Wizard Wheezes
Weasley's Wizard Wheezes
As a business student, I gotta give props to the Weasley twins for their entrepreneurship. Seriously guys, way to be baller and come up with the craziest things!
So sorry for the late entry!
Let's see here - we just started my favorite book because I feel like it's the most "magical" of the books. Or at least when I first read the series through, I thought that JK was the most creative with all the magical creatures, spells, Hogwarts secrets she crammed into this heavyweight of a book.
Quidditch world cup - though I still don't get the game, I love that she builds such a vivid scene, with elaborate tents, giant arena, rabid fans, and super hot cheerleaders. Basically, even though I have no idea what this game is even like, I know that the experience involved with watching the world cup makes this sport officially the best sport ever!
Dark mark - holy... JK doesn't play around here. If the heaviness of the book didn't warn kids off, the fast pace in which the book transitions from yay!silliness to wtf-ery shows that the series is taking a more mature direction.

Another great drawing!
ReplyDeleteI love that the twins are really good at what they love, rather than generic do all rounders. And i love how little everyone expects it, like the line when Ron is telling Harry about the twin's inventions and says (paraphrased) 'we'd heard bangs but just figured they liked the sound'.
Aww the Weasleys. I like in this book that we get to see so much more of the wizarding world, outside of just Hogwarts. LOVE the scenes before the QWC actually starts. The game itself...meh.
ReplyDeleteThe Weasley twins have amazing business skills -- even if they're not worried about little things like the ethical problems of testing products on first-years.
ReplyDeleteThe Dark Mark is definitely a tense moment in the book, and the little bit of information that Mr. Weasley gives about why people are terrified of it... So scary to think about.