Black Friday and Dracula
Hope everyone is enjoying their Thanksgiving break and recuperating from Black Friday sales! My sisters and I waited in line for a midnight sale (you can 'tsk' all you want, but I got all my winter clothing for the most ridiculous prices, so there!) and ended up going home at 4:30am, exhausted but victorious! I've been so thankful for a wonderful home-cooked meal with my family, getting much-needed sleep, and the time to sit down and read some books at last. Last month, I watched my school's production of Dracula for Halloween, and to my chagrin, had no idea what was going on because I haven't read the book. I'm currently on Chapter IV, "Jonathan Harker's Journal". Yes, all the chapters are named "_____'s Journal", "______'s Diary", "Letters to _____" and so on. Imagine if I wrote this blog and titled each entry, "Etudesque's Diary, part CVI"...
Anyway, in Chapter III, there's a part where Harker describes the vampires that are creeping on him while he's sleeping and he's pretty much peeking through his eyelashes at them and totally not getting caught I mean seriously how do you not get caught they are vampires wth:
"All three had brilliant teeth, that shone like pearls against the ruby of their voluptuous lips. There was something that made me uneasy, some longing and at the same time some deadly fear." Dracula, Chapter III
Right? You'd think the vampires would notice. Still, he should probably get out of there. How are you liking the book so far?
ReplyDeleteHahaha, still can't believe that he got out of it! I thought that all the cheesy stuff like the no reflection, the flying, and the crucifix aversion would be hilarious, but I found myself being genuinely nervous when he's writing out his fears... so I'm loving the book so far.
ReplyDelete