The Moonstone Readalong - Intro!
Hi, I go by Nars and I love books (hence the readalong). I started reading Wilkie Collins during Alice's previous readalong (The Woman In White), but I never got around to finishing it because the library wanted it back. :( Now that I have a new chance to make things right with Wilkie, here it goes again! To those who may be new to my site, (hellloooo there!) I like to draw. You will see many random doodles that will accompany my summaries sometimes...
Wilkie's probably mad at me for making fun of him here.
Can't wait to read your posts, fellow readers!
!!! Yay illustrated posts!!!
ReplyDeleteDude, I am totally a fan of you drawing Wilkie. And his giant forehead. So awesome.
I wonder if he ever tried wearing a hat (if they made 'em that large). And many thanks for putting together this readalong - I'm super excited!
ReplyDeleteHehehe, amazing! Look, Wilkie was totally trying to forget that you made fun of him, and now all the memories have come flooding back! Poor Wilkieeee!
ReplyDeleteI love these drawings! And Wilkie's huge, shiny forehead.
ReplyDeletemy bad (again). Poor guy must have been teased enough in his lifetime, and now it's being drawn and blogged about. :P
ReplyDeleteAWESOME DRAWINGS! I too started The Woman in White readalong and had to not finish it - high five!
ReplyDeleteThanks! I cringe when I think about the summer heat lately. Dude needs a sombrero or something to take care of that forehead - those little bowler hats just won't do!
ReplyDeleteThank you for the nice comment and yessss - we're going to finish it together!
ReplyDelete*high fives you with all my might*
Ahahaha! This made me so happy. His forehead, it twinkles.
ReplyDeleteI can't believe you didn't finish WiW...how could you BEAR not knowing how it ended? Well, I guess we probably all spoiled the ending with our posts. BUT STILL.
I know!!! I'll have to back up and finish it - I want to buy a copy so I won't get bullied by my mean library.
ReplyDeleteHis forehead is quite prominent. I wonder what that says about him? I'm looking forward to your drawings to enlight my reading.
ReplyDeleteHmmm - a big forehead means that he probably had all these crazy ideas swirling around his head. Apparently, this book has everything you can think of, all crammed into one story. Seriously... CANNOT wait to go home and read!
ReplyDeleteYour drawings are PHENOMENAL. Wilkie is so sparkly! He's like a smarter, more literary version of a Twilight character.
ReplyDeleteThose are some epic Wilkies! They really are excellent. That forehead AND that beard, the man was making a statement.
ReplyDeleteYes - I think ongoing forward, I will ALWAYS draw him sparkly. But only on the forehead.
ReplyDeleteThanks! Wilkie rocks that savage beard!
ReplyDeleteOMG you are hilarious, I am in for a treat with you ladies, so far sarcasm is amazing.
ReplyDeleteLook forward to discussions with everyone. It is my first time reading Wilkie.
I love your art, very unique to your blog, i'm going to look around now.
Welcome to the readalong! Hahaha my posts are rarely serious because I read books, enjoy them, and then when asked to review, i'm like "asdfhjwhat? There are not enough pictures in these books!!!" So I doodle instead. :)
ReplyDelete