Reading nook
I've always dreamed of a nice little nook to read in - I used to
have a comfy, weathered, leathery couch in the corner next to the bookshelves. Books were stacked and piled 2-deep onto 5 tiers each onto 2 bookshelves, and I had the most wonderful sense of being embraced by books... it was literary heaven! Then my parents
rearranged the house when I went off to college. I'll have a second chance to recreate a reading cave in my apartment at grad school, but my dream place years from now will have a bay window with a nice sunny spot I can wedge myself in to read
books.

I LOVE this. Bay windows seem to be the best, but one needs Monies for them, and monies I have not. I've created a sad window seat facsimile by sitting on the ledge of the window in my room, which is maybe a foot wide. So I have to try not to fall off.
ReplyDeleteIt's always so nice reading by the window, especially when it's warm and you can feel the sun's warmth radiating off the glass.
ReplyDeleteNow that you mention "facsimile" - The other day, a customer asked if I had a "facsimile number" and I shot her down with a "no..." (thinking 'what the...') it took a second to realize she was referring to "fax number". Which I also don't have, so the answer worked out. How archaic!