
I honestly had no idea what the heck "sarsaparilla" was until I tried a bottle of it at the Historic Wagner Farm this past weekend in Glenview, IL. I also had no idea there was an actual farm in the northwest Chicago suburb, with an actual chicken coop and actual cows and an actual pigsty and an actual general store that sold horehound candy, oyster crackers, glass bottles of milk and apparently, sarsaparilla. The general store looked a bit campy, had white, wooden rocking chairs out on the front porch, and had barrels of random foodstuffs that looked straight out of a Laura Ingalls Wilder book, but I really did enjoy myself. Sarsaparilla was pretty much root beer, thank God - I actually took a risk and tried it before I 'googled it'. My cousin's fiance kindly bought it for me because honestly, I like cute labels on old looking bottles - YES, I ONLY GOT IT BECAUSE IT LOOKED CUTE but thank God it was delicious!
Yessss. I volunteer a weekend in May, but April 14th is ALSO on the table.
ReplyDeleteYOU ARE GOING BACK TO THAT FARM AND YOU ARE GOING WITH ME
ReplyDeletey-y-yes ma'am!
ReplyDeleteThe weather is getting nicer! We need to go to Lake Geneva or Matthiessen Falls or something :)